Looka is exploring the intersection of machine learning and design, providing users with a platform to make beautiful designs for any project. Our growth has been accelerating and we’re looking to continue expanding our product to apply our algorithms for logo design to all mediums of design. At Looka we work on the latest technologies (Typescript, GoLang, Kubernetes, React) and are always balancing learning with production to ensure we are building scalable well-engineered products.
We’re currently looking for a Data Engineer to join our data science team in our AI lab. This role will have massive input into our data pipeline architecture and design, making sure data from our app is securely stored and easily accessible for our internal teams to utilize to improve the product.
- Developing and delivering high impact and quality, well tested, data pipelines.
- Contributing to architectural decisions and suggesting improvements.
- Enable teams to be more effective in analyzing data.
- Develop efficient queries for relational databases.
- Working cross functionally to add features that improve user experience in app.
- Working with Looka stakeholders to define data needs and supply them.
- Have successfully led data infrastructure projects.
- Excellent SQL and Python ability.
- Experience with data warehouses like Redshift and BigQuery.
- Have worked with ETL orchestration tools like Airflow and Luigi.
- Have utilized business intelligence tools like Tableau, Looker, and metabase.
- Experience with AWS.
- Having previous experience in deep learning is a big plus.
If you want to learn more about tech at Looka, take a look at our engineering blog
Looka is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a safe workspace that celebrates and respects diversity and inclusion. We encourage applications from underrepresented groups including visible minorities, members of sexual minority groups, persons with family caregiving responsibilities, first nations persons, persons with disabilities, and women to apply.
If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
We offer a whole range of benefits to make life just that little bit easier, some of our benefits below:
- Stock Options.
- A guaranteed end of year bonus.
- Unlimited vacation.
- A personal learning and development budget.
- Health, dental care, vision and employee assistance program.
- Money every month towards a fitness activity of your choice.
- Flexible working (Work from home options and no set hours.)
- For our full list of benefits click here.